Add your job title
- Be on time
- Accommodate your needs
- Scan efficiently and with minimal disruption to your hospital and staff
- Advise you of any delays
- Provide you with a complete summary of findings before leaving
Before We Arrive
- Ensure that patients scheduled for abdominal, thoracic, musculoskeletal or cervical ultrasounds have been fasted (NPO) for twelve hours.
- Please advise patient’s history, presenting complaints and any abnormal diagnostic test results.
- Advise your clients to arrive at the hospital fifteen minutes before their appointment.
- Please clip the area to be scanned (abdomen, neck, right and left thorax for cardiac).
- Secure a quiet and safe area within the hospital in which we can scan.
- Having one of your assistants available to hold the animals for scanning will enable us to more efficient and makes the procedure more cost effective.
- Prepare the clients signed consent forms (ultrasound consent form or aspirate and biopsy consent form).